Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: SFX ? How Do I ....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Id like to pick anyones brains about how I would do the fx for a fight sequence.

    The hero gets an ear full then slaps mr stupid around in a short but violent manner.
    Mr stupids friends decide to assist - Mr Hero breaks a bottle and asks who wants to die first.....

    sill stuff BUT

    How would I show a head butt that looks like a head but BUT didnt end up with a real broken nose. Ditto a broken ankle. ( or indeed a lower leg being stamped on - forget that I know how I could do it..... )

    I hate fight sequences that look like anyhting you see in WWF. When a 20 stone 6.6 yeti drops his foot onto your face - it goes all mushi and red. you dont get up and stager around.

    I might want to glass someone ( so sugar glass etc ) and have them fall down with all red stuff on the noggin too.

    Being a hero doesnt mean you have to be nice.
    just 'Not Guilty'

    Also, being like a virgin at this ( bar fights included;-) , should I use multi camera's ( so Ill need to borrow ) OR lots of takes - which may need the FX appearing later as the fight builds up.

    whole thing should take more than 3 mins from Hello to f. off. fight a nice short bit in the middle like they are once youve left school


  2. #2
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So many questions, you must have a large beard indeed.

    Vielen gluck.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Only the all over body hair type beard.

    Real men hide behind beards.....


    Actually Smart men hide, real men get slapped around alot


  4. #4
    Jeremy
    Guest Jeremy's Avatar

    Post

    You've got to be carefull with sugar glass because it can cut like a bitch. In some film Sting was in he decided to do his own stunt and go through a window........

    Go out with a video camera, 2 mates and get them pretending to (safely) hit each other and walk around them recording it. I did this to find what does and doesn't work.

    Also, you can use the zoom lense to make punches look closer, because it makes different depths look closer. ? Not sure if that's the right term buy you should know what I mean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •